What does it mean to “end homelessness”?
The Fredericksburg Regional CoC will have ended homelessness when the homelessness response system is right-sized to ensure that all persons experiencing homelessness have a path to permanent housing. Specifically, it means:
- Identifying all persons experiencing homelessness
- Providing immediate access to shelter for anyone experiencing unsheltered homelessness
- Ensuring that all persons experiencing homelessness have the opportunity to move back into permanent housing within 30 days of becoming homeless
- Preventing new episodes of homelessness whenever possible
How will we end homelessness?
In 2020, the CoC adopted an updated Strategic Plan, which outlines the following goals:
- Achieve a housing-focused homelessness response system that is comprehensive and effective
- Strengthen the internal operations of the CoC to effectively support community strategies that address homelessness
- Enhance the CoC’s role as the community leader and subject matter expert on homelessness