Are you or someone you know dedicated to making lasting change in the community? By joining VHA’s AmeriCorps VISTA Project, you can!
The George Washington Regional Commission (GWRC) and the Virginia Housing Alliance (VHA) are excited to announce the availability of a full-time AmeriCorps VISTA member position to support local efforts to end homelessness in the City of Fredericksburg and Caroline, King George, Spotsylvania, and Stafford Counties. GWRC is looking for a qualified, dedicated applicant to serve and build capacity within the Fredericksburg Regional Continuum of Care (CoC). The VISTA member will work locally and with other VISTA members placed across the state to provide the human capital necessary to support the transition to a sustainable and more effective homelessness response system while engaging in the causes of and solutions to homelessness.
As the Fredericksburg Regional CoC VISTA member, you will collaborate with local partners to coordinate and improve homeless services, organize, and participate in community meetings and initiatives, analyze local data, research national best practices, and more! Though the VISTA will be placed at GWRC, the CoC’s Lead Agency, the VISTA will work directly with the CoC’s homeless service providers. The VISTA will assist providers with implementing new processes that align with best practices and expectations of the CoC, as well as state and federal funders, in order to meet requirements and stay competitive for funding.
Specifically, the Fredericksburg Regional CoC VISTA member will be expected to:
- Collaborate with diverse partner agencies, CoC leadership, and community partners in order to coordinate services and expand local efforts.
- Administer and analyze reports in order to improve data quality and use in decision making.
- Research and develop materials on permanent-housing-focused solutions to ending homelessness.
- Engage in special initiatives geared towards preventing and ending veteran, chronic, family, and youth homelessness.
- Develop processes for system and project analysis to identify needs and gaps at the community and organizational level.
Through becoming an AmeriCorps VISTA with VHA, you agree to a 12-month service term tentatively starting August 16, 2021, and will receive a modest living allowance, health care benefits, and the choice of an education award worth approximately $6,000 or an end-of-service stipend worth approximately $1,800, and much more!
How to Apply
For questions on the position, please contact Kate Gibson, Interim Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-642-1579. For questions on becoming an AmeriCorps VISTA or the VHA VISTA program, please contact Hannah Moore, VHA AmeriCorps Program Manager, at email@example.com or 910-258-2420.