2022 Virginia Housing Trust Fund – Homelessness Reduction Grant
The Fredericksburg Regional Continuum of Care is accepting requests for Letters of Support as part of applications for the Virginia Housing Trust Fund (VHTF) – Homeless Reduction Grant. Letters of Support from the CoC are required as part of the application process. Please visit the VHTF page of the Virginia Department of Housing & Community Development (DHCD) website for more information about this program.
Request Process and Timeline
The Fredericksburg Regional Continuum of Care has established a process for requests as outlined in the Funding Policies and Procedures. Applicants should use the process outlined for “requesting a letter of endorsement” (the HTF application calls this letter a ‘letter of support”, but it is considered a “letter of endorsement” by CoC standards) (pg.10) using the revised timeline here:
- Applicants may submit requests via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 12, 2021 at noon. Requests should be no more than 2 pages including:
• A brief summary of project proposal – Description of the proposed activities and summary of the funding request
• The need addressed by project – Using data, describe the unmet need in the community and how the proposed project will address the need
• Target population and eligibility requirements
• Experience working with target population
• Expected number served/ project outcomes
- The Funding and Performance Committee will review the requests, along with any current grantee drawdowns and performance data, and make recommendations for which projects are to be provided with a letter of endorsement to the CoC Board for final approval.
- CoC staff will notify all requesters of the outcome of the Funding and Performance Committee by October 26, 2021.
- The CoC Board will review and vote on the Funding and Performance Committee recommendations at their October meeting, no later than October 28, 2021.
- All accepted applicants will be required to submit draft applications to CoC staff for review and technical assistance prior to submitting, but no later than COB October 28, 2021.
- The CoC Board Chair and CoC staff will complete letters for approved applicants and have them returned by COB October 29, 2021.